Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Starting up Again!

Some friends have asked for some ideas to teach their children at home. I figured since I was teaching my son at home, the easiest way for me to reach out to all of my friends was through my blog. I will soon be posting at least 3 days a week (Math, Writing, Reading) some basic lesson plans to do to teach a preschooler who is preparing to go into Kindergarten next year. For those needing easier material I will try to add a twist to my lesson plan in order to accommodate your child's skill level.

While I strongly believe the purpose of preschool is to teach social skills, I will not be focusing on that skill since I will only have my son with me. I do encourage all to plan play dates as often as you can in order to teach your child the best social skills possible.

My plans will always include a book (of my son's choice), quick reviews on the level of math and letter skills he is at, a game which focuses on one specific skill, and then worksheets/craft activity. Please feel free to change the plans around in order to fit your child's needs and skill level. I will do my best to post as many materials as I can in order for you to get the most out of the lesson plan. A lot of my games and activities will come from a wonderful website education.com, so feel free to check it out!

Please leave me feedback and anything specific you would like to know more about. I am excited to get back on and start things up again!

No comments: