Monday, January 25, 2010

Our Bodies

To start out preschool we always sing a welcome song, the ABC song and then count to 10. Don't worry if they get it wrong, just continue to sing and they will follow along. Soon they will be singing and counting the right way.

Math: Body Part Count-I asked the boys how many eyes they had, how many arms they had, etc: focusing on the number 2.

We then talked about ways to keep our bodies healthy, eating vegetables, exercising, brushing our teeth and hair.

Book:
Aaron's Hair by Robert Munsch
This is a cute book about a boy who doesn't like his hair so it jumps off his head and runs away! Not so much about grooming and taking care of your hair, but you can still tie it in.

Game: Body Part Bingo
Cognitive: Body Part Riddles-I gave them clues and they had to guess which body part I was referring to. For example: I smell the beautiful flowers. What am I?
Gross Motor: Body Poses-I have pictures of different body poses (balancing on one leg, stretching arms up high, leaning to one side).

Art Activity: Body Traces-I traced each child on big, white paper. I had facial body parts already cut out and they children glued them on their faces. (with older kids you can do a unit on the inside of the body and talk about their organs and they can glue pix of organs where they think they go, tuns out rally cute!)

Skills we worked on: math (#2), gross motor, cognitive (thinking), fine motor (glueing pieces on face)

Coming Up: Wednesday we will be discussing the types of clothes we wear and when.

No comments: