Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All About Me!

*Please remember that this is not the complete list of activities we have planned. If you'd like a full lesson plan, please feel free to leave a comment and your email address and I will be happy to send you a copy!*

Today was our first day and the kids were so excited! We had so much fun and can't wait until Thursday!

This week we are learning about each other and how fun it is to be different. We are learning a new word: UNIQUE
Tuesday we will be introducing ourselves...

We will sing Willaby Wallaby Woo (one of my favorites)
"Willaby Wallaby Woo, and Elephant sat on You!
Willaby Wallaby Wee, an Elephant sat on me!
Willaby Wallaby Wiam, an Elephant sat on Lliam!"
You continue this with all of the kids. It's fun to have the kids listen and guess who the elephant will sit on next. I like to have a stuffed elephant and touch their heads with it as I sing.

For a transition we will work on shapes. Before naming them they should be able to match the same shapes together!

We will read the book Chrysanthemum then have each child come up and say their name and 1 thing about themselves. Then we will play a game I made called Photo Concentration (each child's picture will be on a juice lid and they will have to find the matches!)
*On a side note, juice lids are magnetic and can be used to make many different games!*

Then on to Table Time where we will practice tracing straight lines (this helps the children gain control over their hands and prepares them for writing).
We will also be putting stickers on our names (this helps with Hand Strength and improves their Fine Motor skills). We will also have fun making our place mats for the year!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This is awesome! You're awesome! We just started a co-op kind of preschool yesterday. I will be checking back here VERY often and would love any and ALL of the lesson plans you use, if you're willing. Even if we don't do these specific lessons with the group of kids, I would love to do all of this with my little guys! Thanks so much for posting this online. Do you have my email addy already?

AJ said...

Ditto. I want to start this same kind of thing with Stella and you are so good at it! If you wouldn't mind I would love your to have your lesson plans as well.