Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Physical Bodies & Assessments

This week we are focusing on the Assessments! I like tot est them in the beginning of the school year so I know what they need to work on, then in January to see how they've improved and what to continue to work on and last at the end of the school year to see how well we did and what I need to improve on as a teacher. I assess the 'whole child' which means; social, personal data, gross motor, fine motor, math, cognitive, etc.
So for these next two lessons on the body, will be mostly for review!

Song: Beanbag Body Song. Even if you don't have the song, you can easily do this. Just tell the children where to put the beanbag and then balance it!

Book: Parts by: Tedd Arnold (See Learning Through Literature post)

We will review the parts of our body and the put a body together!

For our gross motor activity I have a bunch of pictures of kids doing different poses, we will copy them.

For art we will be decorating a cutout of a body with various material! (From last Thursday's lesson).

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun. I think that book is hilarious! I know some people think it's a little morbid, but it's true, kids take things so literally sometimes. What kind of a body are you putting together? A paper one with all of the parts or something?

Children Are My Business said...

yeah, just a paper one I colored then cut up, I'll try to post it as soon as I get some time!