Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am Unique/Cultures

On Thursday we are learning more about each other and how great it is to be unique. We are also talking a little bit on the different cultures around us!

The first book we will read is titled: Tacky the Penguin (please see learning through literature post to learn more about this book). We will then have each child come up and I will describe them and we will compare and contrast each other and learn that it is good to like the same things but it is also good to like different things.

We will then read The Colors of Us and learn more about other cultures. The kids will then make their own Multi-cultural Book by cutting and gluing various pictures of people out of magazines. They may also dictate what they see if they desire (be sure to write it down next to the picture, it's fun for the parents to know what they were thinking).

At Table Time they will be making another book, this time it's a My favorites Book. They will draw pictures of their favorite toy, food, color, etc. They will also get to decorate cut-out bodies with a variety of craft supplies.

1 comment:

D/E G said...

These are such great ideas! We did opposites and dinosaurs so far at our house, so let me know if you need more ideas if you ever start to run out. I am definitely going to do the My favorites book because I remember loving that as a kid! :)